Rigid Lumbar Support
Provides a higher degree of spinal support and relief for a wide range of indications such as: acute and chronic back pain, post-operative support, activity related back pain, disc herniation, stable, non- displaced fractures.
Removable rigid anterior and posterior panels combined with lateral support panels, provide superior posterior support from T9-S1.
The LS corset is the most frequently prescribed supporting orthosis for patients with low back pain. Corset are made of a soft canvas or Dacron materials, fortified with rigid and flexible stays. These stays can be contoured to accommodate a deformity or can be straight to encourage postural correction.
LS corsets encompass the abdomen and the pelvis. By exerting circumferential pressure they increase intra-cavity pressure in the abdomen and transmit a three point pressure system to the lumbar spine.
LS corsets are most often used to manage acute low back pain.
- Acute, sub-acute or chronic lower back pain.
- Return to daily living activities.
- Lightweight tasks.
- Strong compressive elastic material
- 4 Flexible dorsal stays
- Bilateral elastic straps
- Finger loop for ease of application
- Ergonomic front panel provides optimal comfort while sitting or standing
- Low profile design
- Compression and support for post natal or post abdominal surgery
- Abdominal strains and weakness.
- Constructed with panel elastic and soft cotton type lining for patient comfort
- Universal style support with contact closure
- Multi panel design helps prevent panel rolling
- Available in 22.5cm (9") 3 panel and 30cm (12") 4 panel heights
Pregnancy Lumbar Support Belt
- Lumbar pain due to pregnancy
- Abdominal support during pregnancy.
- Adaptable during all stages of pregnancy
- Helps alleviate lumbar pain
- Quality, soft materials enhance patient comfort
- Adjustable abdominal straps provide support and anatomical fit
- Hand loop for ease of application
Lumbar braces treat a lower back pain, lumbar fractures, as well as variety of nerve related issues, such as sciatica. The braces range from soft elastic corsets to rigid moulded braces, and they are the back braces that are most commonly prescribed.
An elastic corset is used to treat most causes of lower back pain, which is normally caused by nerve related problems. In this case the main function of the brace is to apply pressure to the abdomen, which in turn reduces the curve of the lumber spine, thus reducing the pressure on the nerve roots in the lumbar area of the spine.
In the case of lumbar fractures, a patient would need more stability and immobilization, thus we would use a semi rigid corset system with a rigid panel covering the fractured area.
Lumbar corsets are also regularly prescribed to pregnant women, to support the weight of the baby and to reduce pressure on the lumbar spine.