Home & Office Ergonomics
The approach to the management of your back pain should begin with ensuring that you have an ergonomically suitable office chair. The chair design should address the following key areas:
- Suitable lumbar support area, angled and curved to provide adequate support to the lumbar spine
- Height adjustable arm rests
- Moulded foam seat with waterfall (downward curve) front edge
- The use user must be able to lock the backrest in a suitable reclined position.
- The tension of the backrest must also be adjustable according to the weight of the user.
- The chair must be height adjustable
The following points should be addressed for a suitable ergonomic environment. (See Image below) :
- Feet rested flat on the floor
In order to be at the correct height in relation to the work surface, a footrest is recommended for shorter users.
- Hips slightly higher than knees
- Seated as far back in the chair as possible
Keep elbows close to your body, and shoulders relaxed down.
Top most line of monitor display at approximately eye level.
- Viewing distance
As far as possible while still seeing the screen clearly
Keep the keyboard in close proximity; keep your shoulders relaxed, and your wrists in line with your forearm
Keep the mouse in close proximity and alongside the keyboard
Get One – Ergotheraphy Chair
Midback - R2750 ex VAT (Neo/Vulcan) or R4090 ex VAT (Black Leather)
Reaching about shoulder height on the average person, the MB provides excellent thoracic and lumber support, improving and correcting body posture.
Highback – R2850 ex VAT (Neo/Vulcan) or R4500 ex VAT (Black Leather)
With the added height, the HB provides extra head & neck support to users in a reclined position, for example when reading documents.
Both the mid and high back are available with a chrome base for an additional fee of R500 ex VAT.
The Get One Ergotherapy chairs have a five year guarantee.
Please contact our office for further information on 021 4224599 or 021 4224686
Obus Forme Features:
- Transforms ordinary chairs into ergonomically correct seating
- Unlike ordinary "L"-shaped chairs, the "S"-shape of the Obus Forme Backrest Support molds your spine into a more anatomically correct position
- Helps to enhance overall posture by supporting proper spinal alignment
- Can prevent fatigue by reducing strain and energy demand on muscles
- Can provide relief from pain aggravated by poor posture including back pain, neck pain, shoulder tension and headaches
- Can ease the pain caused by spinal disc problems and sciatica by reducing spinal compression
- Removable and adjustable lumbar pad offers additional back support that can be customized for your needs
- The unique polycarbonate "S"-shaped frame with polyurethane foam gently supports the natural contours of your spine
- Brushed nylon cover can be removed and sponge washed
- Lightweight and portable for use at home, in the office, or on the go